New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (NRSVCE)
The Longer Ending of Mark
Jesus Appears to Mary Magdalene
9 [[Now after he rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, from whom he had cast out seven demons. 10 She went out and told those who had been with him, while they were mourning and weeping. 11 But when they heard that he was alive and had been seen by her, they would not believe it.
Jesus Appears to Two Disciples
12 After this he appeared in another form to two of them, as they were walking into the country. 13 And they went back and told the rest, but they did not believe them.
Jesus Commissions the Disciples
14 Later he appeared to the eleven themselves as they were sitting at the table; and he upbraided them for their lack of faith and stubbornness, because they had not believed those who saw him after he had risen.[a] 15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the good news[b] to the whole creation. 16 The one who believes and is baptized will be saved; but the one who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: by using my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes in their hands,[c] and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
The Ascension of Jesus
19 So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God. 20 And they went out and proclaimed the good news everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by the signs that accompanied it.[d]]]
Prayer: Come, Holy Spirit, living in Mary… remove all doubt from my heart and increase my faith in Jesus my Lord and my God
- Why the Apostles of Jesus were very slow to believe the resurrection of Jesus?
- Do you, like the Apostles find it difficult to believe in the truth of the resurrection until you have a personal and direct proof from Jesus? Does their doubt strengthen your faith?
- What does it mean to have faith? Where does faith come from?
- Are faith and Baptism necessary for salvation? Are they sufficient for salvation? Can only Christians be saved?
- The Apostles became the eye witnesses to the resurrection of Jesus, does their faith gives you the courage to carry out the mission that our Lord entrusted to them?
- Did Jesus ascend to heaven by His own power or by other power?
- What does it mean by saying that Jesus “sat at the right hand of God”?